Sunday, June 7, 2009

Some Barcelona Pics

Hello! I'm actually writing from Dublin but wanted to post some pics from Barcelona since I didn't get a chance to while I was there. I also have more Geneva stuff to post but this computer is ridiculously slow so that might just have to wait until I get home.

Ok here I am at Park Guell, one of Gaudi's creations. I was pretty amazing, I really enjoyed walking around, but unfortunately it started downpouring while we were there so we didn't walk around as much as we might have otherwise.

Here's the inside of La Sagrada Familia; of course the majority of it was CLOSED for construction, like every other attraction on this trip, but from what I saw I thought it was truly amazing. Architecture like this boggles my mind, I don't understand how someone can conceptualize a vision like that and then make it a reality. Crazy.

Me, outside of La Sagrada Familia. I have more pics of the outside that I'll post later, but if you do a quick Google search you can see what it looks like. It's worth your time! Plus it's gigantic, you could see it from all over Barcelona and it's a really unique looking structure so you can't miss it.

Yay! Unlike the Milan stadium, the Camp Nou (New Stadium) used by FC Barcelona was actually open for tours when we went! Whee! It was pretty cool, for this pic I was a bit higher up in the seats, you were allowed to go in a bunch of different sections so this was towards the top of the stadium...oh wait actually I think this was by the press seats.
And here I am down by the field! And of course, they were setting up for something on the field, a concert or something? But it was cool anyway.

I wanted to post a video I took at Font Montjuic but this computer is literally the slowest computer I've ever used. So that might have to wait until I get home...or until I have an hour to waste while waiting for it to upload!

Off to enjoy Dublin :)

No comments:

Post a Comment